This course will provide you with a solid understanding of the principles of ITIL OSA, its processes and other aspects within the ITIL Capability Stream that make it ideal for IT service management (ITSM) professionals.
This course offers everything you need to prepare for, take and pass the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis exam, including a FREE exam voucher. Success in the exam will also earn you 4 credits towards the 22 credits needed to gain the ITIL Expert qualification.
Why you should take this course:
This ITIL course has been created in partnership with leading industry experts with many years of experience as consultants, trainers and authors of best-selling ITIL study guides.
This ITIL OSA course focuses on the practical application of OSA practices in enabling a number of key ITIL service operations, including request fulfillment, application management and IT operations, as well as the management of events, incidents, problems, access and technical support.
In taking this course, you will gain competence in the aspects of service management that relate to OSA, including the value of OSA activities for businesses, how OSA supports and interacts with other ITIL Service Lifecycle activities, and how OSA can deliver operational excellence.
Students who complete this course will have learnt:
- Event Management – Ensuring that configuration items (CIs) and services are constantly monitored, with the aim to filter and categorize events in order to decide on appropriate actions when necessary
- Incident Management – Ensuring the effective management of the ITIL Service Lifecycle. This includes solving any incidents in order to ensure that IT services can be returned to users as quickly as possible
- Access Management – Ensuring that authorized users have the right to access services, while also denying access to non-authorized users
- Problem Management – Effectively managing any problems in the ITIL Service Lifecycle. This includes preventing them from happening and minimizing the damage when they cannot be prevented
- Technical Management – Providing technical expertise and support for the management of IT infrastructures
- Request Fulfillment – Fulfilling service requests or requests for information
- IT Operations Management – Enabling the management of IT services and their underlying infrastructures, as well as executing day-to-day routine tasks related to the operation of infrastructure components and applications
- Application Management – Ensuring the effective management of applications throughout their lifecycle, including the design, testing, operation and improvement stages. The course also helps students develop the skills required to operate an IT organization’s applications
- Service Desk – Ensuring that service requests are effectively received and processed in order to assist users. We also cover how to coordinate incident resolution with specialist support groups